Thanks for wanting to set SearchScene as your default search engine! You're a star! The searches you make will help save lives!
To set SearchScene as your default search engine in Firefox, you will need to install our Firefox browser extension. Just follow these simple steps...
- First, visit this page...
- On the page above, click on the green flashing button marked "Add SearchScene to Firefox"
- Click on "Continue to Installation" on the Firefox dialogue box that pops open.
- Click on "Add" on the next dialogue box that pops open.
- Two dialogue boxes should now pop-open - one on the left and one on the right. It is important to interact with the highlighted box over on the right first, or the browser extension may not install properly. This is due to a known bug in Firefox.
- In the dialogue box that opened on the right-hand side of your browser, select whether you also want SearchScene to be your default search engine in private browsing mode (we recommend that you tick this box, but it is up to you). Click on "Okay, got it!".
- Now you can deal with the dialogue box that is open on the left of your browser. Select "Yes" to allow Firefox to change your default search engine to SearchScene.
- That's it! Any searches you type into your browser address bar will now be executed on SearchScene, helping to save the planet with every search that you make. Not only is SearchScene your default search engine, but it is now also your homepage and your new tab page, showing you beautiful new scenery every single day!